Senior Benefits Specialist
12:09 PM, ET October 12, 2012
Senior Benefits Specialist needed to administer and maintain company benefits programs. Function as a liaison between vendors and employees and advise employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. The successful applicant is responsible for developing and coordinating effective employee enrollment/participation strategies.
1. Manage benefits open enrollment process.
2. Coordinate and conduct employee benefits enrollment meetings in all locations, if necessary, for all benefit programs.
3. Maintain, coordinate and conduct Benefits Orientation for new hires.
4. Compile and maintain benefits records and documents.
5. Process carriers’ monthly invoices
6. Review benefit termination process with terminated employees and send information to the COBRA third party administrator.
7. Update Plans websites
8. Administer the COBRA, Workers’ Compensation and FMLA programs and process.
9. Review and approve the information for the filing of Welfare plans’ 5500 forms
10. Manage and maintain the benefit page and Benefits at a Glance ensuring the information is accurate and current.
11. Process payroll.
12. Conduct HR research; facilitate special projects, reporting and other duties as assigned.
13. Assist Auditors with audit requests.
14. May travel to the different company locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of benefits administration within the HR field.
• Knowledge of payroll process
• Demonstrate excellent verbal/written/interpersonal/organizational skills
• Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills.
• Exhibit computer proficiency- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Use interpersonal skills, persuasion and influence to gain negotiating advantage.
• Exhibit high energy to represent the HR function with employees, managers and all members of the team.
• Focus on internal/external customers, seek ideas for improvement, eliminate low-value-added activities, encourage appropriate change, increase a sense of urgency, maintain confidentiality, promotes company wide awareness to reduce company expenses and promote teamwork.
FL - Plantation
Human Resources -
4 Year Degree - BA / BS
Ms. Carmen DeCastro
Email To: email@example.com
Don't see what you had in mind? Fill out an application and we'll let you know when we find a position that fits you perfectly. Submit Your Résumé Today