Stand Out From the Pack:
If you’ve been using the “nope, I’m good” response in an interview after being asked “do you have any questions for us?” – you may want to rethink your strategy.
Show your recruiter that you’re a proactive (and attentive) candidate by asking follow-up questions that distinguish you from your competition. By being inquisitive you also get an opportunity to collect valuable information about the company/team/position you’re applying to (so take advantage!).
Here are a few post-interview questions to get you started:
About the Company:
- “What would you say this company values the most?” “What’s the one collective goal you strive for everyday?”
- “Can you give me an example of the least and most desirable trait an employee of yours might have?”
About Your Recruiter:
- “What do you enjoy the most about being a part of this team?”
About Your Possible Team:
- “Can you tell me about the team/department/management I’ll be working with?”
- “Are there some areas in this department that need to improve?” “What are they and how?”
Follow Up Info:
- “What’s the next step in the hiring process? Or When can I expect to hear back/from who?”
- “Do you have a point of contact I can reach for a follow up?”
- Taking the time to send a handwritten thank you not never fails – it’s a polite touch and certainly leaves a lasting impression.
- Register to take our My CAREERXCHANGE Now Webinar, “Get Hired By Asking The Right Questions During Your Interview” on 4/21/17 11:00pm (EST)
You’ll learn to:
– Uncover priorities of the interviewer
– Sell yourself in an interview
– Show your level of interest and confidence in your ability to do the job
– Determine the next step
*The lines will be open to take your questions following the training session.
Registration Link: http://bit.ly/2oJsIJN
Want more? Follow us on social media: